Round 2: Working Washington Small Business Grants
Commerce has funded a second round of $10 million in grants to support small businesses with 20 or fewer employees. Grant amounts will not exceed $10,000 total per business and is made possible by the Federal CARES Act. Nonprofits are not eligible for this program.
To be eligible for consideration, qualifying small businesses must:
- Employ 20 or fewer employees
- Be licensed to do business in Washington State
- Provide proof that it has been impacted by COVID-19
If selected for an award, a successful business must be able to answer “yes” to the following questions:
- The expense is connected to the COVID-19 emergency.
- The expense is “necessary” to continue business operations.
- The expense is not filling a shortfall in government revenues (i.e. taxes, licenses, state, county, federal and/or city fees).
- The business will self–attest that the expense is not funded by any other funder, whether private, state or federal.
Qualifying businesses will apply directly through their county economic development organization. Each organization has its own additional application process and qualifications. A list of economic development organizations with links to their respective website appears below.
If you have questions pertaining to this second round or the status of your application, contact the organization listed for your county.