You Can Bank On It
It would be great if you could just get in the game and start playing right away, but Uncle Sam and the state want to make sure you put your money in its proper place. To open a bank account you need to complete your Washington State Business Application and register your business with the IRS first.
The bank will verify that you are a valid Washington State business using the state’s business database. You will also need your Tax Identification Number, which is either your Social Security Number or your Employer Identification Number provided through your IRS registration.
Other information may be required if the documentation is insufficient. This can include:
- Articles of Incorporation
- Partnership Agreements, etc.
All signers on an account may also be required to provide:
- Proof of Citizenship
- Residential Street Address
- Taxpayer Identification Number
- Date of Birth
- Current government-issued photo identification and a second piece of identification such as a social security card, credit card, insurance card, voter registration card, etc.
- Home Phone